Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Chicken Salad

Today I’m going to start with a recipe most of you have tried.  It is for the yummy chicken salad.  There are several recipes out there.  This is what I do for my chicken salad that I serve at open houses.
Chicken Salad
3/4 c fd chicken
1/4 c fd onions
1/4 c fd celery
salt
pepper
mayonaise (1/4-1/2 cup)


* fd=freeze dried
I put the first three ingredients all together in one pot.  Bring to a boil.  Boil for about 10 minutes.  Strain and rinse with cold water until the food has cooled down. 




 Then I put this mixture in a paper towel and SQUEEZE out all the excess water. 


 Put cooked ingredients in a bowl add salt and pepper and mayonaise to taste.  






Yesterday my friend Sandra and I made this and added maybe an 1/8 cup of mango and 1/4 cup pecans.  (I am guessing- not really a measurer).  That was super yummy.  Of course you can add whatever else you like.
This is the ONLY way I ever plan to make chicken salad again!  


No comments:

Post a Comment